Following the recent announcement of several new Kindle Fire HD tablet releases, Amazon already offers you to order the upgraded version of the Kindle Fire HD 7″, Dolby Audio, Dual-Band Wi-Fi, 32 GB. Though the Fire HD is the least attractive of all new Kindle tablets, at Amazon you will buy the gadget $60 less than the 2012 model, with the price tag starting from $139. As of now, no other online retailer has started offering the new Kindle tablet.
Where to Order
You will buy the 8 GB Kindle Fire HD 2 online starting from $139, while the 16GB model you will order for $169. To learn more about the All-new Kindle Fire prices visit the official web page. The official 2013 Kindle Fire HD release date is set for October 2nd. For reference, Amazon is the only retailer that offers to order the device as of now. Most likely the rest of popular sites will start selling the tablet after its official release.
Alongside with retailing the all new eBook readers, at Amazon.com you can place an order online for another much-talked-of device: Kindle Fire HD 8.9″, Dolby Audio, Dual-Band Wi-Fi, 32 GB.
- X-Ray feature
- 8GB/16GB storage options
- Has dual antenna for quicker downloads
- Dual-driver speakers for virtual surround sound
- LCD screen
- Enhanced battery life
- No gray scale levels
- No 3G/4G LTE support
- No rear camera
Let’s see what has changed in the 2012 model in a tablet below, comparing the Kindle Fire HD with the Kindle Fire HD 2. The first thing I’d like to mention is the design of the new table. It has become much thinner than its predecessor. In addition, the bezels now feel and look more elegant.
|Features||2013 Kindle Fire HD||2012 Kindle Fire HD|
|7-inch 1920 x 1200-pixel||7-inch 600 px IPS LCD|
|quad core Qualcomm Snapdragon 800||dual core 1.2 GHz OMAP4430|
|2GB of RAM||1GB of RAM|
|Android 4.2.2||Android Kindle 2.3.3|
|7.6 x 5.4 x 0.4 inches||7.5 x 4.7 x 0.45 inches|
|$139 (8GB), $169 (16GB)||$200|
As you see, none of the previous generation Kindle Fire HD features has been left untouched. Starting from the display size, thickness of the device, and ending with the tablet’s OS, the 2013 Kindle Fire HD boasts the best spec list Amazon gadgets have ever offered. With the 2013 Kindle Fire HD you will get a completely new experience of eBook readers. Now you are free to watch movies in the best quality HD, read books and even play your favorite games.
Let’s see in detail the key reasons to get this offer.
- The first thing that makes the tablet even more impressive is the Prime advantage. Paying mere $79 per year for Amazon Prime membership you get access to multiple Amazon steaming movies as well as TV shows. In addition, you may borrow a Kindle book each month with no due date. In case you are not a Prime owner, you won’t be able to enjoy the tablet at full. Honestly, it’s like getting an iPad without your personal iTunes account.
- The new generation Amazon 7-inch Kindle Fire HD tablet boasts an LCD display, which allows you to adjust the screen brightness level for your eyes. There are no traditional gray scale levels founds on the previous Kindle devices.
- The X-Ray feature has never been found on eBook readers before. The Kindle Fire D is among the first to present such a feature to the audience. The eBook reader offers X-Ray while watching movies and reading books. It works rather easy: all you need to do is to tap on the screen during movies and the tablets will show the list of actors you are viewing. As per the X-Ray for books, you are now free to look up any information about the book you are reading from Wikipedia.
- Memory and battery life have been expanded. When purchasing the 2013 Kindle Fire HD you are now free to choose between two storage options: 8GB or 16GB. Believe me, that is more than enough for downloading your favorite shows and books, and much better than 8GB of storage the 2012 Kindle Fire has. The battery life is enough for surfing the Web, watching movies, playing games, and reading books for 11 hours. In case you need to charge the tablet, you may always do that while plugging it into your computer with a USB cable or simply plugging it into a wall outlet.
Make your choice and buy the device that fits you the most! Enjoy reading, watching movies and your favorite games in HD!