The wait is over! Samsung has finally presented its first curved OLED smartphone – the Galaxy Round. The novelty boasts features similar to its predecessor the Galaxy Note 3, but there is a slight difference – Samsung Galaxy Round curves on the vertical, similar to the much-talked-of Samsung OLED TVs.
Samsung curved OLED smartphone boasts a 5.7-inch Super OLED display supporting Samsung Round Interaction feature. With the help of the latter you may look up such information as date and time, missed calls as well as battery life while tilting it on a flat surface when the screen is off. Here is how Round Interaction works.
Samsung Galaxy Round Specs
Aside from Round Interaction technology, the new Samsung curved OLED phone boasts the following specs:
- OS: Android 4.3 Jelly Bean
- Display: 5.7-inch 1920 x 1080 pixels Super AMOLED
- Cameras: 13 MP rear (LED flash, smart-stabilization, Full HD video recording, autofocus) + 2 MP front (Full HD video recording)
- CPU: Qualcomm Snapdragon 800, 2.3GHz quad-core
- Battery: 2800 mAh
- RAM: 3GB
- Storage: 32GB
- microSD: Yes
- Connectivity: GPS, Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi, NFC, microUSB
- Dimensions: 151.1 x 79.6 x 7.9 mm
- Weight: 154g
- Release date: October 10,
Samsung Galaxy Round Effects
We already know how Round Interaction (or Roll Effect) works. Aside from it, Samsung has included a number of additional effect into its smartphone.
- Gravity Effect: create visual interaction with the screen while tilting the device.
- Bounce UX will let you manage the playlist when the screen is off. All you need to do is to press the phone to the left for playing the previous track, while tilting to the right goes to the next track on the list.
- Side Mirror effect will allow you to scroll through an album with the same left and right tilting mechanics.
Samsung Galaxy Round Release
Galaxy Round release date is set for October 10th. South Korea will be the first to put hands on the Samsung curved OLED handset. The phone will launch on SK Telecom in Luxury Brown for 1.09 million won (about $1,013). The date of the international launch have not been announced yet.