The latest Android 4.3 update is now available for download. Happy owners of the Nexus 7 with LTE are the first to download the new version of Android and check how it runs on their gadgets.
Android 4.3 update, codenamed JLS36C, doesn’t use standard Android OTA upgrade. Instead, you’ll have to download the official 4.3 factory images to your smart device and only after that install the new OS on it.
“But how is it possible to install new version of Android from images?!” you will ask. In Fact, Android 4.3 factory images are not common JPG or PNG we have got used to. Those are the images that allow you to update your device and install the new OS from scratch. This will be especially useful for those of you who need to get back to the stock version of Android for some reason.
Now let’s see what Android 4.3 update brings
- Support for multiple accounts with restricted profiles
- Support for Bluetooth 4.0
- OpenGL ES 3.0
- DRM APIs to allow 1080p video streaming
- Multiple users with Restricted Profiles
- Notification access for third-party apps
- Textbooks for Google Play
- 50 billion apps downloaded on Google Play
- Revenue per user has increased 2.5x in the last year
- 1 million-plus applications
Android 4.3 download link for you Nexus 7 with LTE is available at developers.google.com.