Since October 1st, Canadian HTC One users have started receiving Android 4.3 OTA updates. The HTC One Android 4.3 update brings an upgraded Android version to your smart device as well as HTC Sense 5. In addition, you get a number of bug fixes as well as speed optimization and new charging animation for when the phone is powered off. If you live in Canada and haven’t received the OTA update yet, you may check for Android 4.3 OTA update availability on your own going to Settings > About Device > Check for Updates.
As per the US users, only HTC One Developer Edition has received the update as of yet. Android 4.3 OTA update has been already pushed out in Canada and Taiwan. Most likely Europe will get the upgrade in the nearest future. And then once AT&T and Verizon make some major tweaks to the firmware, the US customers will also receive Android 4.3 OTA update.
Here is what HTC One Android 4.3 update brings:
- Disabled apps tab: check which apps are not running in Settings > Apps.
- Restricted profiles: limit access to your apps and content.
- Camera and photo daydream improved. Now you may navigate through interesting albums.
- Performance improved. Faster user switching from the lock screen.
- Additional language support (Amharic (አማርኛ), Hindi (हिंदी), Swahili (Kiswahili), and Zulu (IsiZulu).
- Bluetooth 4.0 LE support. Bluetooth AVRCP 1.3 support – display song names on a car stereo.
- Autocomplete. When you just start touching numbers/letters, the dial pad will suggest phone numbers or names. To turn it on, go to the phone app settings > enable “Dial pad autocomplete.”
- Easier text input with improved algorithm for tap-typing.
- OpenGL 3.0 ES. Now Android supports the latest version of industry standard for high performance graphics.
- Hebrew, Arabic, and other Right-to-Left (RTL) are now supported in the settings, home screen, People, Phone, and Keep apps.
- Quick settings in notification bar.
- Location detection via Wi-Fi. Now there is no need in turning on Wi-Fi all the time.
HTC One Android 4.3 update is 3.22.631.1 version. To install it, you will need a bit less than 600MB. Report goes Virgin Mobile, TELUS and Bell customers are already receiving the update. Who knows, maybe you’ll be the next?
Do you live in Canada and have already received HTC One Android 4.3 OTA update? How do you like it? Is it really so much better than Android 4.2.2? Share with us in comments below.